Who are we looking to be our Sales Director?
We are looking for an enthusiastic sales person with a track record of successfully building high-growth consumer brands, especially in the specialty food area. As Salumi’s sales leader, he/she will be responsible for maximizing our sales across wholesale, food service and ecommerce channels. He/ she will manage existing client relationships while establishing new ones that will help expand Salumi’s presence first in the West Coast and ultimately nationally. As Salumi’s first sales hire, you will build our sales organization and define the vision and strategy for our growing team.
The right candidate must be entrepreneurial, a self-starter and a visionary leader who is driven by creating authentic connections, building brands, and increasing sales quickly. Candidates who connect through positive and respectful interactions and create extraordinary brand experiences will be at the top of our list. This will be a new position within Salumi and has the opportunity to create and grow Salumi’s wholesale business 20x over the next five years.
If you think you might be a good fit, reach send your CV to email@example.com!
What does the job entail?
- Create and lead our sales strategy and team across grocery, food service, distributors and ecommerce channels.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that drives increased growth in both existing and new customers.
- Drive increased direct-to-consumer sales by managing and continuing to develop Salumi’s ecommerce platform.
- Manage sales P&L and key operational metrics.
- Oversee sales and field marketing team, promotional calendar, pricing, and merchandising.
- Engage with and nurture the Salumi community including staying in contact with buyers, customers and consumers.
- Identify emerging opportunities and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competitors.
- Be the voice of the Salumi to help shape ongoing brand & marketing initiatives.
What are we looking for?
- Natural Leader: You have often been seen as someone who inspires others by example. Your goals are ambitious, you learn from challenges, and your peers often come to you for guidance or advice.
- Sales Driven: You have a passion for bringing brands to consumers and are always pushing the needle on reaching and exceeding overall sales in a high growth environment.
- Entrepreneurial: A tenacious and motivated individual, you thrive on new ideas and concepts for achieving successful results. You are able to plan, visualize and deliver short and long term ideas and goals for your business.
- Self-Starter: You are always ready to hit the ground running and learn quickly in areas you are less familiar with. You blow through your sales goals and often set even higher benchmarks for yourself.
Required Education and Experience:
- 8-10 years of sales experience
- Experience in a high growth consumer packaged goods brand
- Prior experience leading and developing sales teams, preferred
- Established experience in specialty grocery and/or food service industries, preferred
- Solid understanding of perishable supply chain logistics, preferred
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Salary: varies based on experience
Job Type: Full-time