Who are we looking to be our Sales Director?
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic sales person with a track record of successfully building high-growth consumer brands, especially in the specialty food area. As Salumi’s sales leader, he/she will be responsible for maximizing our sales across wholesale, food service and ecommerce channels. He/ she will manage existing business accounts and client relationships while establishing new ones that will help expand Salumi’s presence first in the West Coast and ultimately nationally. As Salumi’s first sales hire, you will build our sales organization and define the vision and strategy for our growing team.
The right candidate must be entrepreneurial, a self-starter and a visionary leader who is driven by creating authentic connections, building brands, and increasing sales quickly and with limited resources. This candidate will who enjoy a fast–paced environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates who connect through positive and respectful interactions and create extraordinary brand experiences will be at the top of our list.
If you think you might be a good fit, reach send your CV to email@example.com!
What does the job entail?
- Create and lead a sales strategy across grocery, food service, distributors and ecommerce channels including plans for sustainable pricing, promotions, marketing, sampling and merchandising.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that drives increased growth in existing channels and customers while also acquiring new channels and customers.
- Drive increased direct-to-consumer sales by managing and continuing to develop Salumi’s ecommerce platform.
- Manage and monitor sell through data and reporting on a regular basis. Manage the sales budget to ensure achievement of key metrics.
- Presents sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Oversees field marketing team, including the management of product sampling events, promotional calendar, and merchandising.
- Lead the sales organization. This will include recruiting, objectives setting, and oversight over sales representatives, field marketing, and customer service.
- Engage with and nurture the Salumi community online and in the field including staying in contact with buyers, customers and decision makers.
- Identify emerging opportunities and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competitors.
- Be the voice of the Salumi to help shape ongoing brand & marketing initiatives.
What are we looking for?
- Natural Leader: You have often been seen as someone who inspires others by example. Your goals are ambitious, you learn from challenges, and your peers often come to you for guidance or advice.
- Sales Driven: You have a passion for bringing brands to consumers and are always pushing the needle on reaching and exceeding overall sales in a high growth environment.
- Entrepreneurial: A tenacious and motivated individual, you thrive on new ideas and concepts for achieving successful results. You are able to plan and visualize short and long term ideas and goals while holding yourself accountable to building your business.
- Networker: You know the key to driving successful results is to constantly be talking to people and building relationships. Your networking skills allow you to stay in tune with the needs and opportunities within the industry, which helps drive your strategies and plans of action.
- Polished: You are always prepared when meeting with clients, seeking out everything you need to know beforehand to confidently deliver great service in all of your interactions. You listen well, communicate clearly and powerfully, always with the intention of closing the sale.
- Self-Starter: You are always ready to hit the ground running and learn quickly in areas you are less familiar with. You blow through your sales goals and often set even higher benchmarks for yourself.
Required Education and Experience:
- 8-10 years of sales experience
- Experience in a high growth consumer packaged goods brand
- Established experience in specialty grocery and/or food service industries, preferred
- Solid understanding of perishable supply chain logistics, preferred
- Prior experience leading and developing sales teams, preferred
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Full-time